A pedido de Nicolas Erdody publico este job-board
UNIX C Programmer – Situations Vacant
World45 – Dunedin
We have two positions open for junior and senior software developers. Candidates will work with the most advanced UltraSPARC, Intel and AMD architectures.
World45 provides rapid research and development for enterprise and telecommunications clients. World45 software solutions offer high-performance computing and networking solutions that exploit the recent advances in highly parallel multi-core hardware execution architectures. By leveraging multi-core platforms World45’s software-only solutions are capable of competing with expensive dedicated hardware solutions in networking and high-performance computing.
Founded in early 2006, World45 is backed by venture capital and has direct links with the University of Otago and Sun Microsystems, Santa Clara, USA as research and business partners respectively.
* Skilled and confident Unix C programmer
* Strong networking background and programming experience in Linux and Solaris
* Fluency with various development tools, networking and Linux/Solaris kernel hacking abilities
* Fluency in written and spoken English (essential)
* Strong work ethics and the willingness to belong to the unique culture of World45
* IPv4 and IPv6 networking stack, Snort and other intrusion detection solutions, packet filtering
* Good understanding of Open Solaris development process, Solaris Kernel; different telecommunication solutions, protocols, and hardware
* Understanding of parallel and multi-core programming models, high-performance clusters, shared memory
* The ability to learn and acquire above and other skills quickly
* Strong interest to be part of a global team but also with an entrepreneurial flair and personal initiative
The selected candidates will work full time in development/research projects, researching packet filtering methods, running network traffic simulations, analyzing statistical data and writing reports.
Currently we work on projects related to kernel level programming, device drivers, packet classification, intrusion detection, virtualization, and parallel regular expression matching.
The person will report directly to the Chief Technical Officer, will work with three experienced full time staff members and be supported by two senior consultants based in Dunedin and Wellington, plus direct access to our technical advisors in Silicon Valley, USA.
Applications for these positions close Friday 14, March 2008. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed immediately.
The ideal candidates will be working at our office in Dunedin. However, we strongly encourage candidates from anywhere to apply, due to new projects already established for 2008-2009 that will require more developers even on a part time or contract basis. From a recent graduate with not related work experience to a PhD or senior engineer with decades in the industry, we want to hear from you.
We offer competitive remuneration related to experience and expertise.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing why you believe you would make a strong candidate for World45, a CV and contact details of two referees that recently supervised your work (for example your University supervisors) to
Nicolas Erdody, CEO
nicolas.erdody (en) world45.com
Hard copies can be sent to:
Centre for Innovation, University of Otago
PO BOX 56
87 St David st, Dunedin 8901, New Zealand
De paso aclaro que no hay problema que los candidatos sean de cualquier parte, pueden trabajar desde su lugar de origen o venirse a Dunedin
Un abrazo a todos desde NZ
Read Full Post »